I hope this message finds you doing well during this special time of year.
It is my great pleasure to announce that your current Board of Directors has just passed a budget that will lower your monthly maintenance fees for the 2009 fiscal year!
All condo units in our building will see a decrease of 3% – which is significant in these difficult financial times.
As you may know, the Turnberry on the Green Board of Directors’ elections are fast approaching. On December 17, 2008 you will be asked to choose five unit owners who will have a dramatic impact on the future of our building.
Since I know you have received numerous email messages from ANONYMOUS sources, I thought I would send you a message, directly from me, to provide you with some facts in order to help you make your election decisions for 2009.
Although we have not always seen eye-to-eye, your current Board of Directors has helped our building realize some significant accomplishments in 2008. These include:
- The decrease in monthly maintenance fees for 2009. Most of the condominium buildings in our area as seeing significant increases in maintenance fees and assessments, yet your Board of Directors has cut costs significantly and made significant spending adjustments in order to realize an actual maintenance fee reduction for 2009. This is the second decrease that this Board of Directors has delivered. In 2008 we passed a 13% decrease in the overall cost of maintenance – in spite of difficult economic conditions.
- We have negotiated and saved $160,000 in our insurance premium from 2008.
- We have significantly reduced the amount of accounts receivable outstanding and we have collected over $26,000 in late fees. This is the first time in three years that the amount of outstanding accounts receivable has actually DECREASED.
- We have settled our law suit with Turnberry Associates and every unit will have the bathtub defect fixed with NO ADDITIONAL COST to the unit owner. We will receive $500,000 and transfer the Title of one commercial space to our Association. This was a significant matter that was unresolved since the building opened. The 2008 Board of Directors was able to negotiate this resolution.*
- We are now enforcing stricter screening all applicants for rental apartments and we are collecting the necessary application and common area fees from renters. This serves two purposes: 1) It keeps our building safe and secure and 2) It helps produce additional revenue for the condominium association. This process now ensures that unit owners who do not pay maintenance fees will not be able to collect rent.
- We have introduced new management with significant oversight experience. As many of you know, your current Board of Directors approved an agreement with a new management company in 2008. Although it is still too soon to comprehensively rate their performance, many residents have commented that this firm provides the building with a much needed upgrade in knowledge and experience.
- Improvements in landscaping and grounds maintenance. We have contracted with a new company to help improve the curb appeal of the building. This will make a dramatic difference in the way perspective buyers view our property. Efficiently repaired the air-pressure system which is a life-safety feature in the event of an evacuation. This saved us thousands of dollars in potential fines.
- Improved parking procedures and better accountability. We have significantly improved the management of the parking facility at Turnberry on the Green. This helps us make certain that all vehicles are registered and that all unit owners are able to have access to their assigned parking spots.
As your Board President, I am proud of the things we have accomplished in 2008 but I know that we have much more to do in 2009.
We are certain that you will receive many more ANONYMOUS email messages that will be filled with negative information and half-truths. Please feel free to reach out to one of us at any time if you would like to discuss current and future conditions in our building. We will never hide behind an ANONYMOUS email address.
It has truly been an honor to serve our building this past year and we respectfully ask that you vote for us in the upcoming board election.
We wish you and your family a happy and healthy holiday season.
Gregory Arzumanov Stephanie Boren Ken Caban
President Vise President Director
Ph. 305 692-7907 Ph. 305-409-7728 Ph. 305-331-5528
* We are one step away from finalizing the deal.